Thursday, April 16, 2015

Homemade Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

One thing I do know how to cook without using a cookbook is homemade cheesy chicken enchiladas. I have been making this for quite some time now and its like second nature when making it. Yes, I love Mexican foods and can never get enough of it.

I always have two pots on the stove when making this. In one pot, I put my queso white cheese, 1/2 cup of sour cream, and one 8oz package of cream cheese into the pot. I stir it around until everything is melted and in a creamy state. I then add lime juice to the cheese mixture and chili powder. If I were to actually measure I would say about three Tbl spoons full of chili powder, but since I don't actually measure what I put in, I just use my best judgement and taste it while cooking.

While the cheese is cooking in the other pot I have my chicken already cut up into 2 inch pieces and cooking in another pot. I normally only cut up 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breast.  I cook the chicken in butter and season it with some lime juice and season salt. I will cook it until it is no longer pink on the inside. Once done I will drain off any excess butter and set it to the side.

After I get the cheese the way I want it to taste, I will then add some of the cheese mixture to the chicken, leaving some of the cheese by itself. I will then mix the chicken and cheese together, mixing well. Once done I then grab more tortilla and start adding the chicken and cheese mixture and rolling it up. I will do this until all of the chicken is used.

Once done with rolling the chicken and cheese mixture, I will then add the rest of the cheese sauce on top of the rolled product. I make sure to spread it evenly. Afterwards, I add shredded cheese on top of that and place it in the oven that is set to 350 degrees. I will let cook in the oven for 15 minutes. The cheese on top should be melted and the enchilada should have a brown tint to it.

I like to top mine with tomatoes and eat it with hot sauce. I always have leftovers, so I can eat some the next day. This is something that my son Alex loves to eat as well. This is a winner in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment