Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Chipotle Chicken and Vegetable Tacos



I'm trying to cut down on my sugar intake after I tested my blood sugar yesterday and noticed that my blood sugar was higher than normal. I still want to eat my spicy foods, it's really hard to stop eating that. So I found this recipe here. Chipotle chicken paired with Green Giant® frozen vegetables make these tacos a quick and easy dinner solution!


Ingredients

1 box (8 oz) Green Giant® frozen garden vegetable medley
1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), chopped (with 1 tablespoon sauce)
1 cup shredded chicken breast
8 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch)
1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Lime wedges, if desired


Directions
1. Cook vegetable medley as directed on box; pour into 2-quart saucepan. Stir in chipotle chile and adobo sauce. Stir in chicken. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.

2. Spoon filling onto tortillas; fold in half over filling. Sprinkle cheese and cilantro over filling. Serve with lime wedges.


source: www.livebetteramerica.com/recipes/chipotle-chicken-and-vegetable-tacos/0c3b589b-8452-4900-a39d-57cd4d3a2865/

No comments:

Post a Comment